Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Genealogy Research and Shopping

This morning Symphony and I drove up to Fort Payne to the DeKalb County Public Library. I wanted to do some genealogy research on my Phillips ancestors who lived in DeKalb County in the mid-1840's. While I was doing research in the Local History room, Symphony spent her time catching up on her magazine reading.

I didn't find any formation on my Phillips ancestors, but I did find information that some of Mike's Phillips ancestors had lived in DeKalb County. Could my Phillips ancestors and Mike's Phillips ancestors be connected? That could be interesting if Mike and I

are somehow related - very distant cousins???
After we left the library, Symphony and I drove to Burke's Outlet in Fort Payne to do some shopping. Symphony found some clothes that she could wear when she and Al go to his class reunion next month. Our next stop was at Goody's for more shopping and Symphony got some more clothes and I bought a purse.

By now it was past lunch time and we decided to stop in at the Mexican restaurant near Goody's for some lunch. We both ordered the same thing - chili relleno, taco, guacamole salad and beans for $4.50. The food was pretty good and we were definitely full even though we ordered the lunch-size plate.

We then went grocery shopping at the United Grocery Outlet before returning home. After we got back to Symphony's house, it was time to start fixing the lasagna we were going to have for dinner.

While Symphony and I were gone, Mike went with Al to buy some feed for Al and Symphony's horses.

After dinner the four of us sat around talking and watching TV before heading off to bed.

No comments: