Saturday, May 19, 2012

A day of rest and laundry

We had a really great time last visiting with Jessica and her family - so much so, that it took me all morning to before I could even THINK about doing anything other than take it easy. Too much wine? - I think so. Mike felt pretty good - darn it!

Anyway, by mid-afternoon I felt human enough to gather up our dirty clothes and linens and drive up to the laundry here in the campground. There are 4 washers and 4 dryers and they cost $1.25 a load - not too bad a price.

It was way too hot to sit inside while the clothes got done, so I found a picnic table under a tree where I had shade and a breeze and sat there and read a book. I set the timer on my phone so I would know when to go back and check on the machines. There is a book swap in the laundry and I took a couple of the books I'd read and swapped them out for a couple of ones I haven't read.

Tomorrow we are leaving here and going all of 81 miles to Kinards, SC to a Passport America campground. The campground is situated between 2 towns where I want to do my genealogy research.

No comments: