Sunday, May 20, 2012

Fair Play to Kinards

We slept in this morning and got up a little before 9:00. After our morning coffee and a quick breakfast we started breaking camp. Checkout at Carolina Landing is at 11:00 and we left at 10:45. We stopped at the Love's Truck Stop just up the road by I-85 to get gas and the card reader at the gas pump still wasn't working, so we just got on I-85 to look for another gas station.

We stopped at the Sunoco station at exit 11 and got gas in the RV ($3.389 a gal) and then continued north on I-85 to State Road 8 and then State Road 418.

From Kinards, SC

We saw this huge lawn ornament business just before getting on I-385 south.

From Kinards, SC

I-385 ended at I-26 and we passed by this HUGE Wal-Mart Distribution Center near Clinton - I could only get about half of the center in the photo.

From Kinards, SC

We exited I-26 at exit 60 and turned on to Fairview Church Road to Magnolia RV Park and Campground. We arrived at the campground at 12:45 and checked in. We are staying here with our Passport America membership. Our site with full hookups (50 amp elect) is costing us $25.65 a night. We have a pull-through and that is costing an additional $3 a night and the 50 amp electric is another $3 a night on top of the half-price campsite fee for Passport America.

Loretta checked us in and then she led us to our campsite. We are in site 31 which is a gravel site with grass on both sides of the RV.

Mike plugged in to the electric and then we leveled the motor home and put the slides out. By then it was 1:30 and way past our lunch time.

From Kinards, SC

We finished setting up the RV after lunch and then relaxed for a while. Mike grilled a steak (we split the steak) and I fixed baked potatoes and a salad for dinner.

We will be here for 4 nights and I'm going to be doing genealogy research. There is a BMW plant about 50 miles from here that we might go see while we're here.

No comments: