Saturday, April 27, 2019

Visit with Sue's Cousins

This morning Frances' husband Jack fixed waffles and bacon for breakfast - a great way to start the morning. The morning started out sunny, but changed to cloudy and then rain. Fortunately, the rain was only sporadic and not the downpour we had had on Thursday.

My cousin Eva and her son Bruce drove over from Troy, IL this morning and met us at the Bonnie Cafe in West Frankfort at 12:30 for lunch. My cousin Sally joined us a little later, so there were 7 of us - Mike and I, Frances & Jack, Eva, Bruce and Sally.  

Then after lunch we all drove over to Sally's house for dessert and coffee. We had chocolate pie and small lemon muffins and coffee.


In the photo above are - Jack (Frances' husband), Bruce (Eva's son), Sally, Frances, Eva and me. I hadn't met Bruce and it was nice to finally meet him - I'd heard his mother Eva talk about him and his brothers over the years. 

We had a great visit, but it came time for Bruce and Eva to head back home and we left at the same time. Before we returned to their house, they took us on a drive and we drove out of West Frankfort to see the house my parents lived in during the 1930's and Frances' parents lived next door. Frances' dad and my dad were brothers.

We've had a good time visiting with them, but we are leaving in the morning and heading south.

No comments: