Monday, April 29, 2019

Clarksville, TN to Adairsville, GA

It was 61° when we left Spring Creek Campground this morning at 8:45. I had missed getting a photo of the campground sign yesterday, so I got a photo this morning.


We got on to I-24 and headed east towards Nashville. We passed through Nashville at 9:40 and I managed to get a few photos of Nashville's skyline.


We stopped for gas at 11:20 at a Pilot Truck Stop at Monteagle, TN and paid $3.179 a gallon for premium grade. We had decided to have lunch at the Wendy's at the Pilot, but there were no parking spaces for RVs. We drove over to the truck entrance for Pilot and found a place we could park that was out of the way of the trucks.

We had stopped yesterday at a Wendy's for lunch and I had wanted Chicken Tenders, but they said they were out. So today I was ready to order Chicken Tenders and was told that Wendy's has discontinued selling them. Really?! I ordered a Son of Baconator meal and Mike got one but with chili instead of fries. It was 71° when we stopped for lunch, so we left the car & A/C running while we had lunch. 

After feeding and walking Tinker, we called Leisure Time RV Park to make a reservation for tonight. He
had 2 campsites available and we reserved one. 

We got back on to I-24 at 12:10 and continued south and crossed the Tennessee River 


at 12:35 and got onto I-75 south and entered Georgia.

We arrived here at Leisure Time RV Park at 3:00.


Leisure Time is a Passport America member and we paid $20 for full hook-ups. We are parked next to the office and right under the wifi antenna. We also have cable TV tonight.



Mike and I took our showers in the campground's showers and they were larger than a lot of campground showers we've seen. I took a few photos of the women's showers.



It's really nice to have an actual chair instead of the usual narrow bench to sit on to change clothes. The little table and flower arrangement is a nice touch.

No comments: