Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Final Preparations for Trip to Utah

We've been planning this trip out to Utah for several months now. Mike made campground reservations months ago for us to stay at Zion National Park, Moab, UT and Monument Valley. But it seems like we've spent the last 2 days rushing to get things done for the trip - it's just all of the last minute stuff that has to be done and packed.

Saturday afternoon I drove over to Kissimmee to visit with my sister-in-law Elaine for a while. Mike stayed home and packed some things in the trailer storage area.

Sunday Fletcher drove up from Ft. Lauderdale for a visit and we went to lunch at Squid Lips here in Sebastian. We all were in the mood for a hamburger and we each had a cheeseburger with fries. Fletcher left to go back home about 6:00.

Yesterday we met our friends at IHOP in Vero Beach for breakfast one last time before our trip. I had printed off a map of our trip and a calendar showing where we would be each day and we gave each of them a copy. Then I spent yesterday doing laundry and Mike loaded the back of the car - the Dish satellite and tripod, a folding table for grilling, the grill, a couple of folding chairs and some other things we'll need on our trip. I also prepared my February Financial Report for the Indian River Genealogical Society and emailed it to each of the Board members yesterday afternoon.

We're having our mail forwarded down to Fletcher's house while we're gone and I've stopped the newspaper delivery.

Today I took Tinker to the groomer's for a bath and cut. Then I did some final shopping at Publix and WalMart Supercenter for some last minute things we needed. After I got home Mike took the car
and filled the tank with gas. He paid $2.879 a gallon for premium grade.

We've been busy today packing our clothes in the trailer - both warm and cold weather clothes. I've loaded most of the groceries we're taking in the pantry. Mike had hung the TV wall mount and TV on the wall in the trailer sometime back. But I needed him to help me with some of the TV connections to the DVD player, the Bose radio and the interior satellite connections and we did that this afternoon.

Then late this afternoon while Mike picked up the sabal palmetto fronds that were on the ground in the yard, I pruned a couple of Crepe Myrtles in the back yard. I had missed the time to prune them last year and they didn't bloom much last year. So I hope they do better this year.

We still have the last minute stuff to pack in the trailer tomorrow and the food from the freezer and refrigerator. 

I saw a notice on the IRGS Facebook page yesterday about being able to download the syllabi for the seminars at RootsTech 2019 in Salt Lake City for free. So after dinner tonight I went on to their website and downloaded some of them to my laptop. There were a LOT that I wanted to read and when I had finished downloading them, I had downloaded 111 syllabi! 

Our temperature started out in the upper 60's this morning and did warm up to 70°, but now the temp is down to 55°. It's supposed to be 47° in the morning, I'll need more than the short sleeve blouse that I was planning on wearing tomorrow for the trip!

No comments: