Sunday, March 17, 2019

Visiting with Friends in Prescott, AZ

We left Meteor Crater RV Park yesterday at 10:00. It was 33° with a wind chill of 27° when we got up at 7:00. We decided to wait on breaking camp until it had warmed up a little.

I walked over to the showers to go to the bathroom and I took a photo of the shower/bathroom. Mike also went to the bathroom and we both agreed that it was one of the nicest we had seen.


We headed west on I-40 and shortly after leaving the campground, I took this photo of Humphreys Peak.


We left I-40 West at Flagstaff and got onto I-17 South and saw quite a bit of snow still on the ground at Flagstaff


and then we saw this sign for an 18 mile downgrade on I-17


with a 6% downgrade.


We stopped for lunch at a Wendy's at Camp Verde at 12:00.


Then we got onto AZ-169 and drove west to AZ-69 and then north to AZ-89 and then to our friends Mike and Gayle's house in Prescott.

We arrived at their house about 2:00 and was able to park the car and trailer in a wide spot on their street.


Mike and Gayle took us out to dinner at Lindo Mexico Restaurant in Prescott. We all ordered burritos and then Mike (my Mike) ordered Fried Ice Cream. The rest of us were too full for dessert, but when the
waitress brought the Fried Ice Cream she also brought extra forks. Mike and Gayle hadn't had Fried Ice Cream before and after trying some, really liked it. A couple sitting at a booth by us ordered the Fried Ice Cream after seeing Mike's and it turned out that it was their first time eating it.

After dinner Mike and Gayle drove us around downtown Prescott  before going back to their house. I didn't do a post last night and just enjoyed visiting with Mike and Gayle instead.

This morning after breakfast Mike and Gayle went to church and Mike and I stayed here. This afternoon Gayle took me to Fry's grocery to buy some groceries. Then mid-afternoon we had lunch - homemade chicken & rice soup with apples, grapes and watermelon and Gayle's homemade bread.


We've spent the rest of today visiting with Mike and Gayle. Tomorrow we're leaving and working our way up to Utah. 

No comments: