Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Driving to Zion National Park on March 19

I would have posted this yesterday, but the internet on my iPhone was so slow I just had to quit trying to do anything at 10:30 last night. The whole drive from Tuba City to the campground was so scenic - I took 285 photos yesterday. I've whittled them down to 270 and then the hard job was to decide which ones to add to our photo album.

So --- here is yesterday's post. We left Trails End RV Park yesterday morning at 9:30 and stopped to get gas ($2.879 a gallon) before we left Tuba City. Then we headed back west on US-160.


We then got on US-89 Alternate and headed north. US-89A is a scenic route and it is aptly named. 


Our route on US-89A took us to the higher elevations


and at one point we were at 6,000 feet with no shoulder on the road on my side - just a looong drop off. I have to give myself credit for not climbing into the driver seat with Mike when I looked down and down and
down and - you get the picture.

Then we got up to over 7,000 feet where the snow was still on the ground.


We came down into a valley and stopped to get gas ($2.999 a gallon) at Fredonia, AZ and Mike met this fellow at the gas station.


At Fredonia we got on to AZ-389 and entered Utah about 2:00. 


We got to Hurricane, UT about 30 minutes later. Then took US-9 out to Zion National Park.


We arrived at Zion National Park at 3:15 and checked in. We then stopped to fill our fresh water tank before going to our campsite.


We are in B6 at Watchman Campground. It is a back-in site and we have 30 amp electric hookup. After getting the trailer level and disconnecting the car, we set out the Dish satellite and activated our service. I called Dish twice last night - first to have our local channels changed to Utah and then because we were having problems getting reception. We worked until 7:30 and finally had the local channels from Salt Lake City, but only some of the channels that we subscribed to. 

Then I started to post our photos and the internet service was so slow, that I quit trying last night.


No comments: