Friday, March 29, 2019

Monument Valley Drive

We left the campground yesterday morning at 9:00 to take a drive through Monument Valley. We stopped at Goulding's Gas Station to get gas and paid $3.39 a gallon. 

We got to the Kiosk at the entrance at 9:30 and paid the $20 entrance fee. We drove up to the Visitor Center and started on the 17 mile loop drive. 


I think I'll just let our photos describe our drive. We paid $20, but our photos and memories are priceless.




We met Steve and Joyce from Ontario at John Ford's Point and exchanged taking photos. They were interested in the type of trailer we had because they are eventually going to buy one.


I think one of our favorite stops was at Artist Point. I told Mike that the view made me wish I could paint.


After our drive through Monument Valley, we stopped at Goulding's Lodge and had lunch at
the Dining Room.


We then visited the Goulding's Museum


and John Wayne's Cabin from the movie She Wore a Yellow Ribbon.


We got back to the campground a little before 3:00. We had just a light supper last night and I started working on the photos we took. I worked until almost 10:00 last night editing the photos and decided to upload them to our photo albums this morning since the internet is so slow using my hotspot. The campground wifi is even slower.

No comments: