Friday, October 5, 2012

Genealogy Research in Murray, KY

Tuesday was domestic chores day. In the morning I drove over to the Murray Post Office and picked up our mail at General Deliver. Then I drove a few blocks over to a laundromat and spent a couple of hours doing laundry. I spent the afternoon working on genealogy and putting together a research list for my trip to the Pogue Library at Murray State University (MSU).

Then later on Tuesday afternoon I went to Kroger’s to get a few groceries. We wanted to have chicken fingers for dinner, so I drove to Zaxby’s to get them. We decided that the chicken fingers from Bojangles and Goldfingers (in Dothan) are better than Zaxby’s.

Mike took a couple of photos of the campground here in Murray Wednesday.

From Benton, IL to Murray, KY

From Benton, IL to Murray, KY

That afternoon I stopped by MSU’s Public Safety office
to pick up a visitor parking permit for the 2 days I will be at the Pogue Library doing genealogy research.

From Benton, IL to Murray, KY

From Benton, IL to Murray, KY

I spent Wednesday and Thursday afternoons at the Pogue Library at MSU researching my 2nd, 3rd & 4th great-grandparents who lived in Calloway County. I did find some information on my Jones, Miller, Utley, and Youngblood ancestors.

Late on Thursday afternoon the owner of Holly Green RV Park came by with our receipt for our camping fee. This is the first time we have seen anyone at the office.

Tomorrow we are leaving here and heading over to Fort Campbell for a few days.

No comments: