Saturday, October 20, 2012

Campground Photos

Tuesday morning we realized we hadn't taken any photos of our campsite here at Hidden Cove, so Mike took some that afternoon.

From Arley, Alabama

From Arley, Alabama

We are right across from the campground's play ground and the building in the background is the bathroom and laundry. The bathrooms are clean
and the showers have benches and lots of clothes hooks - they're some of the nicest showers we've seen.

From Arley, Alabama

Wednesday night about midnight we had a thunderstorm come through with some heavy rain and thunder and lightning. It woke us up a couple of times during the night.

Thursday morning I drove into Arley (5 miles) to the laundromat. The owner of the laundromat drove up a few minutes after I arrived. He told me that you get 5 minutes drying time for every quarter deposited. The washers cost $1.50 a load and I had 5 loads, so it cost $14 to do laundry there.

I had brought a book with me to read while I was doing laundry and had read while the clothes were in the washers, but I spent the rest of the time talking with the owner about campgrounds, RVs, the economy and the local area.

On my way back to the campground, I stopped at the Arley Post Office and mailed our Florida Absentee Ballots (we had gotten them in the mail we picked up Monday).

Since we don't have cell phone service at the campground, I sent Mike an e-mail when I got to the laundromat and another one when I left the post office. We can get e-mails on our phones if we turn on the phone's wi-fi and connect to the campground's wi-fi.

Other than our trip on Monday and Thursday when I went to do laundry, we've just stayed here at the campground.

There have been a few RVs come in to the campground since we've been here, but there are a lot of RVs that are here permanently.

From Arley, Alabama

We're leaving here tomorrow and heading down to Montgomery where we'll spend the night.

No comments: