Thursday, August 30, 2012

Doing Laundry in Rustburg & Satellite TV, Finally

This morning after breakfast I gathered up our laundry and Mike put it in the car for me. The Goose Point Park Corps of Engineers campground where we were before coming to Lynchburg Preserve didn't have a laundromat, so now I have several loads of laundry to do.

When we were driving around here at Lynchburg Preserve trying to decide on a campsite, we stopped by the laundry here to see what was available. There are 2 washers ($1.50 a load) and 3 dryers, except 1 of the dryers was out of order. There are over 200 campsites here and that just doesn't seem like an adequate laundry.

Yesterday when we drove through Rustburg I saw a laundromat by the Post Office, but we didn't stop to check it out. So my decision this morning was whether to spend HOURS at the campground laundry or go into Rustburg and get it all done at once. Well, Rustburg won out and I drove the 6 miles into town.

There was no one at the Rustburg laundry when I got there. I unloaded my laundry and ended up using 3 regular washers ($2.50 a load) and 1 triple load washer ($4.25 a load). There was a change machine in the laundry and I was able to get more quarters to use in the dryers. I got 8 minutes for each quarter in the dryers and they only took $1 to dry each load - even our heavy bath towels. It ended up costing me more to do laundry in town, but I got it done in a third of the time it would have taken at the campground laundry.

Mike and I had swapped cell phones before I left, so he could use mine to wifi while I was gone. Wouldn't you know it - the local Dish Network technician called Mike's cell while I was at the laundry. I gave him my cell phone number and he called Mike. Anyway, he told Mike what to do and said that our receiver is working (we thought maybe the receiver had gone bad).

This afternoon after it had cooled down a little, Mike put the Dish 500 antenna back out and we were finally able to get a strong enough signal that we now have satellite TV.

No comments: