Monday, July 16, 2012

Sightseeing around Colonial Beach

This morning I gathered up our laundry and drove up to the laundromat that is behind the campground office. There are 3 washers and 3 dryers there and they cost $2 a load. I had 5 loads of laundry today, so I brought my laptop with me since I was going to be there awhile.

The campground does have internet service through Tengo Internet and it costs $16.95 a week. I tried my Verizon phone and the signal was stronger there at the office than at our campsite. I used the folding table in the laundry for my desk and updated our location map to Colonial Beach. But I'm still a couple of days behind in my postings for the blog and our photo albums.

By the time the laundry was done, it was time to fix lunch. After lunch we drove north to the post office in Colonial Beach which is about 10 miles from the campground. We got to the post office at 1:45 and it was closed for lunch from 1:00 – 2:00. So we drove around looking at some of the homes in town and taking photos of some of them until it was 2:00.

From Colonial Beach

After buying our postcard stamps and mailing our postcards at the post office, we drove east towards the Potomac River. We passed by
the Colonial Beach Town Hall

From Colonial Beach

and then drove along the beach and passed by the Municipal Pier.

From Colonial Beach

We kept driving south along the beach and Potomac River looking at the houses there. We saw typical beach style homes

From Colonial Beach

and some Victorian homes.

From Colonial Beach

We took a photo of this home, The Bell House, and I found out tonight how it got it’s name. It was the summer home of Alexander Graham Bell and his father.

From Colonial Beach

We stopped at the Food Lion in Colonial Beach for groceries and then at Hall’s Market to look for the items we didn’t find at Food Lion before going back to the RV.

No comments: