Monday, July 23, 2012

Champ's Camp RV Park

This morning after breakfast we drove over to the Outdoor Recreation office to register for the campground and pay for our week's stay here. The campground here gives discounts for the Senior Pass (used to be called Golden Age Pass), so we're paying $13 a night instead of $21. We also received the pass code for the RV Center and found out that they have a change machine there, so I can get quarters for the laundry. Since the machine only takes $1 and $5, we changed a $10 bill for 2 fives.

After paying for our campsite, we drove back to the campground and saw this deer family along the side of the road.

From Colonial Beach to Fort A P Hill

As soon as we got back to the RV, I gathered up our laundry (5 loads) and went to the RV Center.

From Colonial Beach to Fort A P Hill

There are 3 front load washers and 4 dryers at the laundry and they each cost $1.00. I had enough quarters for 3 washer loads and 1 dryer load, so I tried
putting bills into the money changer and it wouldn't take the bills.

I had left my cell phone at the motor home, so I went back to get it and called the Outdoor Recreation office and spoke with Marcia. She said something was probably jammed in the machine and as soon as her co-worker came back to the office, she would come over and fix it. Marcia came to the laundry and opened the machine and a dollar bill was wadded up in it. I also found that the machine wouldn't accept the new $5 bills, which was what I had, so I got the quarters from Marcia.

This afternoon Mike took some photos of the campground and our campsite.

From Colonial Beach to Fort A P Hill

From Colonial Beach to Fort A P Hill

I spent the rest of the day uploading photos and publishing our blog for our visit to George Washington's and Robert E. Lee's Birthplaces last Friday. It's so nice to have a faster internet signal here!

No comments: