Thursday, September 6, 2012

Our front view and we got our 3G service back

Mike took this photo this afternoon through our windshield and I wanted to show off our view here at Bandit's Roost before I write about our day.

From Bandit's Roost Campground

I still had no 3G data service this morning on my cell phone, so after breakfast we drove into Wilkesboro to go the library and wi-fi.

From Bandit's Roost Campground

There is no laundry at Bandit's Roost Campground and we stopped by the Wilkes Laundromat to check it out. The washer are large front loaders and cost $2.50 a load and for every quarter you get 7 minutes drying time.

Our next stop was at the Post Office to buy postcard stamps and to mail a couple of postcards. We then drove across the Yadkin River to the Wilkes
County Library in North Wilkesboro.

I set up my laptop at one of the tables in the library and used their wi-fi to get on the internet. Mike went over to the magazine section in the library and read magazines while I worked.

I uploaded our photos from Appomattox to our web albums and posted to our blog about our sightseeing in Appomattox and downloaded our e-mail. By now it was close to lunch time and we still had a few phone calls to make. While I was packing up the laptop, Mike went out to the car to start making calls.

He called American Home Base and told them to send our mail to Pride Resort in Waynesville. We had also made a reservation for a campground in Vero Beach for next January (they're running a special reduced rate) and we had never gotten the confirmation
e-mail.

We also called Verizon to find out why I no longer had 3G data service and was told that we were in an area where it wasn't available.

After making our phone calls we drove over to Bojangles and had their 4 piece chicken finger meal and then drove over to the Wal-Mart Supercenter to do some shopping before going back to Bandit's Roost.

We stopped to take photos on our way into the campground since it was raining when we arrived and we couldn't get good photos.

From Bandit's Roost Campground

It really bothered me that I didn't have 3G data service any more. I had it the day we arrived and all day yesterday and most of last night. Every time I tried to use anything that used data, I kept getting a message that data roaming had been turned off. I checked the wireless and networks settings and they were find I finally thought to check the battery and data manager settings and saw that the data roaming under data delivery wasn't checked. No sooner did I check that than my phone switched to 3G service and I've had it ever since.

We checked Mike's cell phone and the data roaming on his phone wasn't checked either and now he has 3G. Normally we have had good technical help from Verizon, but neither technician thought to have us check the setting for the data roaming.

Anyway I've managed to get our web albums up-to-date and now our blog is up-to-date also.


No comments: