Saturday, September 29, 2012

Genealogy Research & Dinner at Jim & Sally’s

Friday afternoon Mike stayed at the motor home while I drove the 10 miles down to West Frankfort to Frankfort County Library for genealogy research on my Utley and Jones ancestors. My parents, grandparents and great-grandparents had all lived in the area and I had spent the first few years of my life in West Frankfort.

Friday evening Frances, Jack, Mike and I drove down to West Frankfort for dinner at Jim (Frances’s brother) and Sally’s house. Sally had fixed a great dinner with Italian beef, rolls, and pasta salad and it was followed up with her homemade apple pie (a la mode, of course).

From Benton, IL

From Benton, IL

We had such a good time visiting that it was after 11:00 before we knew it. Frances & Jack had left earlier since Jack had been up early this morning to go to work.

No comments: