Friday, March 21, 2014

DeFuniak Springs to Sebastian

We got up about 7:30 this morning and had checked out of the motel by 8:30 and drove up to the Burger King to have breakfast. We feel pretty good this morning in spite of having to change our motel last night because of the fire at the Econo Lodge where we had reservations and having to scramble to find another place to stay.

After breakfast we headed east on I-10 until we stopped at the Pilot near Marianna for gas ($3.329 a gal). We reached I-75 near Lake City around noon and turned south on I-75. Mike and I were both ready to get home, so we didn't stop for lunch since we had stuff to snack on. We did stop at a rest area to walk Tinker and give him his lunch.

Our next stop was at the TA truck stop at Wildwood at 2:45 to buy gas ($3.499 a gal) before we got on to the Florida Turnpike. We exited the turnpike at exit 244 at St. Cloud and paid our toll of $4.50 (it was $13.50 when we were driving the RV) before driving east on US-192 to I-95 south.

We arrived at exit 56 on I-95 south at 6:20 and got on County Road 512 east. We stopped at the Dairy Queen next to I-95 and got a peanut butter cup Blizzard for Mike and I before we drove on home.

It really seems strange to not see our motorhome sitting in the driveway! We've unloaded what we need for tonight from the car and will unload the rest tomorrow. We're both ready to sleep in our own bed (Sleep Number) tonight.

Today was one day when I didn't take any photos while we were driving, but we've been back and forth on I-95 and I-10 so much that I've gotten photos of most of the interesting sights.

No comments: