Monday, April 4, 2016

Visiting with Frances & Jack

We spent today visiting with Frances and Jack. As usual Jack fixed one of his great breakfasts - bacon and waffles - always a special treat. It was nice and cool this morning 59°.

I mentioned how I would like to have time to go down to the Johnson County Courthouse in Vienna to do a little genealogical research and Jack said he and Frances would take us down there. So this afternoon we drove down to Vienna where Frances & my Jones grandparents and great grandparents had lived. Jack and Mike said they would stay in the car while Frances and I went into the court clerk's office. A nice young lady showed us where the birth, death and marriage record books were and left us to do our research. I had hoped to get copies made, but the cost per page was too much and I just wrote down on a pad the information I was looking for. I did find some information that I hadn't had before, so it was a good trip even it it was a short one. 

On the way back to their house, the subject of supper came up and we said we would buy dinner, but Frances and Jack had to pick the restaurant. After some discussion they settled on O'Charley's in Marion. We ordered the Potato Skins for an appetizer, I had the grilled Atlantic salmon and everyone else order steaks. The food was really good and the restaurant was a great choice.

Afterwards we came back to Frances and Jack's house and are now watching TV. We're going over to visit with my other cousin Jimmy and his wife Sally tomorrow.

It's supposed to much colder tomorrow morning - I think in the mid-30's. Today was nice and cool and it warmed up to 64° - a nice change from southern Florida.

No comments: