Saturday, September 12, 2015

Trips to Kissimmee and Ft. Lauderdale

We took our new Subaru Outback on a road trip over to Kissimmee. My brother Cyril has been having health problems and is in a rehab facility there. We met my sister-in-law at their house and took her out to lunch at Perkins Restaurant before going over to visit with Cyril. We stayed for a little over an hour and had a good visit with him and Elaine before it was time for us to head back home.

I got an email from Clyde who is the final reviewer for the Florida Pioneer Descendant application and he said that I needed to write a Statement of Proof for Mike's great-grandfather William Howe Fletcher, Jr. linking him to his parents. I had to state what documents I had (there is no birth certificate since he was born in 1845) showing his
relationship to his parents and how I reached my conclusion that his parents were William Howe Fletcher, Sr. and Malinda Powell. I did a search on Google to see how to write a Statement of Proof for genealogy and hoped for the best when I wrote my Proof Statement.

We took our Subaru Outback for a second road trip last weekend down to visit with Fletcher. We drove down on Saturday and came back home on Sunday afternoon. We took Fletcher out to lunch Sunday to Millers Ale House. Mike had the Philly Cheese Steak, Fletcher had the Bacon Cheese Burger and I had a burger with guacamole. Mike and I stopped at the Dairy Queen just east of I-95 here in Sebastian and we each got a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard for dinner.

Yesterday we drove up to U-Haul in Melbourne to have a hitch put on the Outback and stopped at Burger King for lunch.

This morning I took Tinker in to the groomer to have a bath and a trim before we leave on our trip tomorrow out to Texas. Mike and I over to the Sandwich Shack for lunch. He had his usual Philly Cheese Steak and I had my usual Turkey, Bacon and Avocado wrap and then stopped to get gas ($2.059 a gal) before heading home.

We spent this evening packing our bags and getting everything together we're going to need for our trip out to Texas this week.


No comments: