Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Last day at Little Manatee River State Park

Today is our last day here and we spent it catching up on some chores. First I did laundry this morning and noticed this spider & web in the rear wheel well. Neither Mike or I was looking forward to moving him from there.

From Little Manatee River State Park & Tampa

After I finished the laundry, we went to Publix for some groceries and got gas in the Vue - $2.659 a gallon.

We were relieved to see when we got back to the RV from shopping, that the spider had left - at least we hope he's gone.

This afternoon we drove up to Brandon to visit with Mike's cousin, Carolyn and her husband John. They live in a gated apartment complex and there were some sandhill cranes wandering around the complex.

From Little Manatee River State Park & Tampa

We always have a great time whenever we get together with Carolyn and John. Tinker was too thrilled to visit with their cat and I'm sure the feeling was mutual.

From Little Manatee River State Park & Tampa

We stopped for dinner at the Bob Evans in Sun City Center before returning to the RV.

I've also been working on reinstalling software on our Dell laptop that we got back from the computer shop yesterday. I'll be working on that for a few days before I get everything back to the way it was. The only thing the computer tech could figure out was, something was stopping Windows from booting up all the way. I remembered that the night before it wouldn't boot up, the computer had "hung" when it was shutting down. But we're both very pleased with the service we got at Tampa Computer Doctor.

I did some research tonight and found out that our "visitor" was a black-and-yellow garden spider. I was glad to find out that they are not poisonous and that they eat small insects. All that said, we really didn't want it taking up residence with us.

Tomorrow we're going to Peace River Preserve in Wauchula, FL. It is a Thousand Trails campground.

No comments: