Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dinner with Christa

This morning we drove up to the Bob Evans in Sun City Center for breakfast. Afterwards we drove around through some of the housing areas in Sun City Center.

Back at the campground we stopped by the Little Manatee River to take a few photos.

From Little Manatee River State Park & Tampa

This afternoon we met Christa, Sue's niece, at the Chili's in Brandon for dinner. It was really good to see Christa and catch up on her news. I just wish we had more time to visit, but she's a busy teenager and working.

From Little Manatee River State Park & Tampa

We also got a call from the Tampa Computer Doctor that our laptop was fixed and ready to be picked up. So after dinner we headed over to Tampa and arrived there a little before 6:00.

The tech was able to retrieve all of my data and load it back on to the laptop, but he did have to reinstall Windows 7. So I'm going to be busy reinstalling all of my software. The tech had tried to backup my data to my external hard drive, but had a problem with it. He backed up my data to his server and reinstalled it from that. Even with having to reinstall my programs, at least we didn't loose any of our data or photos!!

The tech recommended using Carbonite as a back-up and I had already been researching Carbonite on the Internet. Once I get everything back on the laptop, I'll be using Carbonite as a back-up in addition to the external hard drive.

No comments: