Thursday, August 4, 2011

Still raining & our mail hasn't come in

Mike called American Home Base last Thursday to have our mail sent to General Delivery here at Anchorage. We drove downtown to get our mail and it hadn't come in yet. On Thursday when Mike called it was too late to send our mail out that day, so it was going out on Friday. Hopefully, it will be tomorrow since we are planning on leaving here Friday.

My military ID card expires the end of this month and we went over to the ID section on Fort Richardson this afternoon and there was a long waiting line. We saw a note that there was an ID office at Elmendorf, so we decided to go there.

When we got to the ID section at Elmendorf we found out their computers were being upgraded today. The personnel told me I could go online and make an appointment to get an ID card.

After getting back to the RV I went on line and made an appointment for Friday morning at 8:00 to get my new ID card - that was the first available time they had. Then I got together the rest of our laundry and went to the campground laundromat.

While I was at the laundry, Mike went to the barber shop at the PX and had a haircut - a really short haircut.

It rained most of last night and today. Tomorrow I've got to get groceries at the commissary and we're going to give Tinker a bath. And hopefully, we be able to pick up our mail tomorrow.

No comments: