Sunday, August 28, 2011

Olive Garden & Shopping in Bellingham

We drove down to Burlington this morning to go to the Camping World there. We needed a new sediment filter and a filter for under the kitchen sink and some other items.

We then drove up to Bellingham to have lunch at the Olive Garden there. Mike had won a $25 gift card at his high school reunion back in May. We both ordered the Never Ending Pasta Bowl. Mike had the whole wheat linguine with the 5 Cheese Sauce and I had spaghetti with the 5 Cheese Sauce. It was very good and we only had 1 bowl each – no refills. Next time I would like to try the Pizzaiola Meat Sauce. Our bill came to $28.53, so we paid $3.53 plus our tip.

We stopped at Wal-Mart to buy a few things we had forgotten when we were staying here. We drove back to where the RVs park to see how many are there and there were about a dozen RVs.

I needed a new lap desk because the one I have now is filled with plastic beads and the beads are coming out. We’ve tried gluing it, but the beads are coming out from somewhere else.

We had checked at Wal-Mart and they didn’t have any – that is where I bought the one I have now. We went to Office Depot and they only had small lap desks and I need one that will hold my 17” laptop.

We tried Best Buy next and found a couple of lap desks and ended up choosing the one for $35. It doesn’t have any beads that will come out and it has a pull-out mouse shelf which I like.

Our last stop was at Petco to look for some new bowls for Tinker. We have a stainless steel double bowl feeder that is rusting and the rubber cushions that cover the sharp edges have split and you can get a nasty cut from them (I know, because I have gotten cut cleaning his bowls).

We found a stainless steel double bowl feeder that cost $13.03 (inc tax) and I had a $12 refund card from Novartis when I bought Tinker's Interceptor for heartworms. So his bowls ended up costing us $1.03 - a good deal!

After completing our shopping in Bellingham, we drove back north to Ferndale.

No comments: