Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday, June 7

We spent the day getting ready for our departure tomorrow.

Mike changed the oil in the generator. He made some headlight covers from some sunscreen material he had bought at Lowe’s a few years ago. Since we had the headlights on the RV polished while we were in Kissimmee, Mike wanted to have something to cover them with when we are parked to keep them from discoloring. He used suction cups to attach them to the RV. We’ll have to get a photo of the covers tomorrow.

I did several loads of laundry this afternoon. The laundry here has 4 washers and 4 dryers, but 1 dryer is out of order. It’s a pretty nice laundry room except that the drains for the washers tend to run over and flow out on to the floor into a drain in the floor. Apparently the drain can’t handle all of the overflow. When I went back to get our clothes out of the dryer, the floor was covered with water and soap suds. I talked with 2 employees and 1 told me that that was the way it was. I told him I didn’t want to walk through the water and soap suds on the terrazzo floor to get to the dryers. I could see my feet sliding out from under me and falling. He had another employee clean up the suds and water and towel dry the floor. Talk about an accident waiting to happen!

We’re ready to get on the road and head north to Canada to our friends, Al and Symphony.

No comments: