Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Al and Symphony arrive

Our friends, Al and Symphony, will be arriving sometime this afternoon. We’re looking forward to seeing them. We’re excited that they will be joining us on our trip through western Canada and then through the western states.

I had more than 4 loads of laundry plus a couple of comforters to wash, so I went into Gaylord to a laundromat by Glen’s Market. It was more expensive than the laundry at Beaver Creek ($2 for a standard washer and about $1.50 to dry a load). But I was able to get it all done in a much shorter time than it would have taken at the campground.

I stopped in at Glen’s Market to do get a couple of things I need for dinner tonight. I had seen several Glen’s Markets on our trip north, but had never shopped at one. I don’t know if they are all like the one in Gaylord, but it was a really NICE grocery store. I signed up for their “yes” card so I can take advantage of their sales (another one in my collection grocery store cards).

After I got back to the RV and had lunch, I put dinner (sauerbraten roast with potatoes and carrots) in the Crockpot to cook on high. All I have to do when it’s time to eat is prepare a salad and heat dinner rolls.

Al and Symphony arrived this afternoon. We had hoped they would be in the campsite next to us, but they were assigned one behind us. After they set up camp we ate dinner outside at the picnic table. We even have enough roast left over for another meal. Symphony brought a lot of fresh vegetables with her, so we’ll just cook them to have with the roast tomorrow.

We spent the rest of the evening catching up on each other’s news.

No comments: