Saturday, December 2, 2017

Drive up to Madison Campground

We left the house this morning at 9:45 and stopped at the Raceway just before getting on I-95. While Mike was pumping gas ($2.989 a gallon for premium), I went in to the store and bought a couple of bags of ice for our cooler. Then we got on I-95 North until we reached St. Augustine.

We stopped at Exit 318 at SR-16 to have lunch at Burger King and then got gas and paid $2.799 a gallon for premium - $.19 cheaper than this morning at Sebastian. We were back on the road by 1:45 and got on I-295 at Jacksonville and then west to I-10. 

Another stop for gas at a Love's Truck Stop at Lee, FL at 4:30 where we paid $2.999 a gallon for premium.

We arrived at Deerwood Inn & Madison Campground at 4:40 and checked in. We are in site F4. It is a pull-through with full hookups. It is a Passport America member, so we are paying $22 a night instead of the full rate of $44. So with tax our fee for tonight is $24.31. We drove 306 miles today from home.

Since we are only stopping here for the night, we didn't unhitch from the car. We did put our jacks down to stabilize the trailer for tonight. I've done it again - or rather, I didn't do it. I forgot to take photos after we got set up here, so I'll do it in the morning. 

When we full-timed in our motorhome, part of my routine after we got set up at a campground was to take photos of our campsite. I have gotten out of that habit and I need to add that to my "Things To Do" list the first day at a new campground.

No comments: