Sunday, December 31, 2017

Christmas and 50th Wedding Anniverversary

I was elected to the Treasurer's office for the Indian River Genealogical Society at the December General Meeting. The December meeting was different this year in that several members brought in family heirlooms and had them on display for everyone to look at. Pam Cooper, who retired from being the Archives Director at the Library, took the information about the heirlooms and made very attractive signs for everyone. 


I brought in a silver spoon from the mid-1800's owned by Mike's 2nd great-grandparents, a photo of Mike's great-grandmother and a Chinese soapstone vase owned by his grandparents. I had a bisque doll head that was my mother's sister's and a tintype of my 2nd great-grandfather taken about the time of the Civil War.

Our neighbor Barbara treated Mike and I to dinner on the 22nd at Mulligan's Beach House in Sebastian to thank us for helping her.


Santa brought Tinker a new toy for Christmas (which Santa always does) and Tinker's keeping it close.


Christmas Day we drove over to my sister-in-law's for Christmas dinner and her daughter and her family
and her son were there.

Our 50th wedding anniversary was the 28th and Fletcher came up to spend a couple of days with us. We went to see Star Wars:The Last Jedi movie in Vero and then went to Outback for dinner. Mike and I had the 10 oz. ribeye and Fletcher had the 14 oz. NY strip.


Mike and I are wondering if either one of us will be able to stay up to welcome in 2018 - will have to wait and see.

No comments: