Saturday, January 31, 2015

New Paint Color on House & Cousins Drop By

On the 13th I attended genealogical society's monthly meeting and the guest speaker's topic was DNA testing and genealogy research - something I was really interested in learning more about and I learned a lot that day. Mike and I had just sent off our DNA samples to Ancestry the week before and we're curious to see what the results will be, but it will be weeks before we are notified of the results.

Mike went to Home Depot on the 14th and bought 5 gallons of blue paint and 2 gallons of white that we are going to paint the house with - plus all the rollers and supplies we'll need.

Mike started painting the house on the 15th and I have noted on the photos which is the old color of the house and the new color we're painting it.

From House Painting

We had planned on going to the MOAA luncheon on the 23rd but Mike started coming down with a cold the day before, so we didn't go.

I've been checking on Ancestry to see when they received our DNA samples and when they would start testing them. They started the lab testing on mine on the 23rd and they started on Mike's on the 26th, we're excited to see what the results will be for our ethnicity and see if our DNA matches with some cousins we haven't met yet.

My cousin Frances and her husband Jack are in Florida this month and stopped by our house on the 30th for a visit before going over to Kissimmee. I had bought Boar's Head turkey, roast beef and ham to make sandwiches out of for lunch when they were here. I also made my broccoli cheddar pasta salad and had bought some cheesecake slices at Publix for dessert.

From Visiting with Friends & Family

The local garden club had their annual GardenFest at the Riverside Park today and I drove down there while Mike was painting on the house. We both went last year and got some good ideas on plants for our yard. I was just looking to see if I saw anything new that we might like to plant. I didn't want to buy any plants because we will be leaving in a couple of weeks for a 2 week trip and we wouldn't be home to take care of them.

No comments: