Monday, January 12, 2015

Fletcher's Visit and Good Friends Stop By

Fletcher drove up from Ft. Lauderdale for a overnight visit on the 3rd. I made chocolate chip cookies before he came and used my new KitchenAid hand mixer I bought a few days before. I had noticed the last few times I used my old hand mixer (I think we got it for a wedding gift 47 years ago) and I could smell it getting hot and figured it must be time to replace it. I really love this new KitchenAid mixer - it's like night and day compared to my old one. We went out to eat for dinner at the Sebastian Roadside restaurant which has become one of our two favorite places in town to eat at. Mike ordered their Reuben sandwich and Fletcher and I had their French Dip.

Before Fletcher left on Sunday afternoon we went to lunch at Woody's Bar-B-Que. We had met our friends up there for lunch once and Fletcher was with us and he ordered fried okra. Fletcher said he was craving some fried okra and he remembered eating it at Woody's. Just before Fletcher left to go home, I handed him a box filled with chocolate chip cookies I had baked before he got here - I actually made 2 batches and hid one while he was here. I wonder how many cookies were left in the box by the time he got home?

Mike had his 2nd laser surgery to take care of the cloudiness of the back membrane on his lens implant on the 6th. It only takes a couple of minutes to do the laser surgery.

On the 9th our globe-trotting friends Bob (Bob is responsible for Mike and I meeting) and Beverly stopped by for a quick visit. They had returned to the states just before Christmas after traveling around South Africa. After giving them a tour of our house, they followed us over to Squid Lips for lunch.

From Visiting with Friends & Family

Bob and Beverly ordered the Shrimp Wrap and the Fish Wrap and Mike and I each had hamburgers. We had a good time catching up on each other's news and listening to Bob and Beverly talk about their travels. It seemed like hardly any time had passed and it was time for them to leave and head on up to visit with Beverly's brother in Jacksonville.

From Visiting with Friends & Family

Mike went to see Dr. Mallon this afternoon for his follow-up appointment following his post-cataract laser surgery. Mike says that his vision has cleared up and is better than what it had been. We both won't have to go back to Advanced Eye Care until December of this year for our regular exams.

No comments: