Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Errands & Lunch at J P Matty's

This morning we went shopping at the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Sebastian for a couple things we forgot the other day and then stopped at J P Matty's for lunch. We had to wait a few minutes for a table, but it wasn't as long a wait as we had Sunday morning for breakfast.

After lunch we drove around through some of the housing areas in Sebastian. We stopped at the Raceway across from the rv park and got gas in the Vue ($3.839 a gal) before going back to the rv.

Then I gathered up our laundry and drove over to the laundromat here in the campground. The laundry machines don't take coins, you have to use a pre-paid card. I put $5 in the card
machine and purchased a card. For my $5 I got a card (the card costs $2) and then I had $3 on the card to use in the machines. I inserted my card back in the machine and then put a $10 bill in the machine and now had $13 on the card.

The laundry was busy and I had to wait for a couple of machines before I could use them, but the wait wasn't very long. My total cost for today's laundry was $15 and that includes the $2 I paid for the card.

There are no refunds for money left on the card. I only added enough $$ I knew I would use so I wouldn't have a lot of money left on the card. I'll keep the card in case I go to another campground laundromat that uses the same system.

I still have a card I bought a few years ago when we were staying at John Prince Park in Lake Worth. The campground laundromat was closed that time and I went to a laundromat near the campground. And yes, I did try that card in the machine here but it isn't from the same system and the machine wouldn't recognize it.

No comments: