Monday, July 12, 2010

Car Trouble

Last night I was going to drive over to my brother's house for a visit and I couldn't get the key to turn in the ignition. We've had this problem before with the Vue and by turning the steering wheel back & forth and turning the key in the ignition we've been able to get the car started. Not last night! Both Mike and I took turns trying to get the key to turn and even switched keys, but it wouldn't budge.

This morning both Mike and I tried to start the car and the key still wouldn't turn in the ignition. Last night I "googled" our problem with the ignition and found out that a LOT of people had the same problem and it wasn't just with the Vue - there were a lot of car models with the same problem.

Mike called Starling Chevrolet here in Kissimmee and told them our problem and that we were going to have to have the car towed in. Then he called our roadside service and told them our problem and the address of the rv park and that he had already spoken with the Chevrolet dealer. They said they would contact a towing company for us. About an hour after our call to the roadside service, a tow truck showed up and then loaded our car onto the flat bed.

From Kissimmee

From Kissimmee

Mike rode over to the Chevrolet dealer in the tow truck. After talking with their service department and explaining to them that we need the car fixed in a couple of days (we're leaving here Thursday), he called my brother, Cyril, to pick him up at the dealer and bring him back to the rv park. We're supposed to have the car back by Wednesday.

I called my sister-in-law, Elaine, tonight to ask her to pick me up tomorrow morning to go grocery shopping with her and her daughter, Kathy.

No comments: