Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lenoir City, TN to Lake City, FL

We were up at 6 a.m. again this morning and headed south on I-75.

We stopped for gas at a Flying J near Jackson, GA and then went inside for the lunch buffet.

When we pulled into Oaks 'n Pines tonight we heard a metallic sound coming from the front tire on the driver's side. Mike got out and walked alongside the wheel while I drove. After taking off the hubcap, Mike found that a balance weight had come loose and was rolling around inside the hubcap and making the noise we heard.

We're in site #53 at Oaks 'N Pines RV Campground and it is long enough that we don't have to unhitch the Vue. I toyed with the idea of doing laundry tonight, but quickly squashed that thought. I'll just do it when we get to Kissimmee.

We drove about 480 miles today and I drove for about 150 of them (including driving through Atlanta on I-75). Thankfully, tomorrow will be a shorter driving day.

No comments: