Monday, July 3, 2017

Arrival in Illinois

We got up early this morning and checked out of the motel at 8:00. We slept pretty good last night - don't know if it was the bed or that we were just tired. We stopped for breakfast at the Burger King near the motel and then got gas at the Raceway ($1.969 a gallon) before getting on I-75 and heading north.

We stopped for lunch at 1:00 at a Wendy's in Adairsville, GA and then at a Pilot at Dalton, GA for gas ($1.839 a gallon). We got onto I-24 at Chattanooga and continued north through Tennessee. We stopped for gas at 6:00 (CDT) at a Shell station ($1.959 a gallon) at Oak Grove, KY which is on the border of Kentucky and Tennessee. 

I had called my cousin Frances and told her that it would probably be after 8:00 when we got to her house, so don't wait supper for us. We stopped at a Subway in Paducah, KY for supper at 6:30 and were back on the road by 7:00. 

We continued north on I-24 until it connected with I-57 and then north up to Benton. We arrived at Frances
and Jack's house about 8:15. We drove 646 miles today from Tifton, GA and our 2 day total is 1025 miles. 

It's good to see Frances and Jack again, I just wish our reason for the trip was different. The funeral for Jim will be Wednesday. We had to wait until today for Jim's wife Sally to meet with the funeral home and make the arrangements.

No comments: