Friday, June 30, 2017

Mike's Birthday & Sue's Jury Duty

Mike's birthday was the 13th and to celebrate we went to Ay Jalisco here in Sebastian for dinner. Mike ordered the steak Fajita Quesadilla and I had my usual chicken Fajita Quesadilla with a couple of Dos Equis on draft.

While we were camping at Sebastian Inlet State Park earlier this month, we started a list of items that we either needed or would be nice to have in our travel trailer. So we have been shopping in the stores here and on the internet to see what would meet our needs. 

There are 2 upper cabinets over the kitchen counter that are quite tall and really needed shelves to make better storage use of the space. I bought 4 plastic-coated wire shelves to use and put 2 shelves in each cabinet. They work great and I'm able to have 2 levels of storage in each one. Mike found an under-counter light to go under one of the upper kitchen cabinets. It's touch activated and really lights up the
work space on the countertop. 

I had gotten a notice sometime back that I had jury duty the week of the 26th. The Friday before I checked online at the Indian River County's website and the instructions said to call on Sunday to see if I needed to report for jury duty. I called Sunday night and I didn't need to go in on Monday, but I would need to call again on Monday night to see if I needed to go in Tuesday. I called Monday night and I was released from jury duty! The last time I had jury duty I had to go to the courthouse and wait to see if I was chosen. About half of the people that reported for jury duty weren't needed and were sent home and I was one of them.

No comments: