Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day at Fletcher's

It felt so good to sleep in this morning!  If you can call getting up at 7:00 this morning sleeping in! As much as I enjoyed attending the National Genealogical Society Conference that last 4 days, I'm not sure I could have done a 5th full day of seminars. In those 4 days I attended 19 one hour seminars and 3 thirty minute seminars. 

Tinker has really "mellowed out" around cats now. I got a picture of Tinker and Josie taking their after breakfast naps on the sofa this morning.


Josie is 14 years old (as best we can figure) and used to be our cat until we sold our home and moved into the motorhome. Then she went to live with Fletcher along with our other two cats Bailey and Joey (who are now deceased).

Mike and I just spent today relaxing and watching movies with Fletcher. Then Fletcher took us out for dinner to Miller's Ale House in Ft. Lauderdale. We each ordered steaks and salads and Mike and I had the Apple Crisp for dessert.

A final note on the genealogy conference, I didn't get to attend some seminars that I would
have liked to attend because the rooms were already full by the time I got there. Fortunately I had printed off handouts for a substitute seminar just in case I couldn't attend my first choice.

The seminars on Wednesday that I didn't attend were "Getting More from Court Records: Order Books, Minute Books & Associated Loose Papers" by Victor S. Dunn, CG; "Chancery Records: The Secrets They Hold, The Families They Reveal" by Barbara Vines Little, CG, FNGS, FVGS; and "Context and More: JSTOR for Genealogists" by D. Joshua Taylor, MA, MLS.  On Thursday I didn't go to "Before You Click: Creating Your Online Research Plan" by D. Joshua Taylor, MA, MLS and "Deed Books More Than Just Land Records" by Victor S. Dunn, CG. On Friday I really wanted to attend "How to Use GEDmatch.com to Optimize Your DNA Testing Experience" by Ginger R. Smith, MLS but it was already full when I got there. Even though I wasn't able to attend these seminars, I do have copies of the syllabuses for those seminars.

No comments: