Saturday, May 14, 2016

Back home from NGS Conference

Mike and I drove home last Monday after spending several days at Fletcher's house. We were there so I could attend the 2016 National Genealogical Society's annual conference. It was especially nice since last Sunday was Mother's Day and we could spend it with Fletcher.

This has been a much slower and less busy week than last week and it's great to get back in our regular routine.

Tuesday I attended the monthly Indian River Genealogical Society's meeting at the library in Vero. Wednesday Mike and I dropped Tinker off at the groomer's for a bath and then we went to Country Ham N Egg for breakfast.

I took Tinker in to the vet's on Thursday for his annual checkup and all of his tests came back great.

This morning I went to Home Depot and WalMart Supercenter shopping for a couple of planters and found them at WalMart. Then I stopped at Sandwich Shack and got lunch for Mike and I. He had his usual Philly Cheesesteak sandwich and I had the Turkey, Avocado, Bacon Wrap.

Tonight I ordered a Y-DNA test from Family Tree DNA for Mike. We've both had our autosomal DNA tests done at Ancestry. I'm hoping that maybe with the Y-DNA test I can break through the brick wall I have on Mike's ancestors.

No comments: