Friday, February 28, 2014

New Headlights for the RV & New Bedroom Furniture

Once we decided to sell our 2005 Winnebago Adventurer motorhome, we made a list of things we needed to do to prepare it for sale.

One thing was to replace the headlights that had become clouded. Mike priced them through the Winnebago parts and the pair cost over $600. He found the headlights through another supplier on the internet and got them for $324 for the pair - about half the price from Winnebago. Mike replaced the RV headlights last week and what a difference it made!

From February 2014

On Friday morning of last week (Feb. 21) we drove the RV up to Camping World at Cocoa, FL for our appointment at 11:00 to have the slide toppers on the RV measured for new ones. While we were waiting we drove over to Cracker Barrel for lunch. The new slide toppers should be in in about 2 weeks. We just think the RV would sell better with the new slide toppers since ours are showing their age and have a couple of tears.

Thursday of last week (Feb. 20) I was driving down to Vero Beach to do some shopping at Sam's Club, WalMart Supercenter and PetSmart when I just felt like I needed to drive down to Kaleidoscope Consignments on the south end of Vero which would make me get home later in the afternoon than I planned. The consignment shop won out and no sooner did I walk through the door than I saw the perfect king bedroom set for our master bedroom! I took photos of the furniture and texted them to Mike who was home working on the RV. I called him and asked if he wanted me to have the furniture put on "hold" until he could look at it, but he said buy it after I told him I had checked it over and it was in great condition. Just like the dresser we bought last month here, it was made by Drexel in the U.S.

From February 2014

From February 2014

So last Saturday we rented a trailer from U-Haul here in Sebastian and drove down to Kaleidoscope Consignment to pick up the bedroom furniture. The owner helped Mike load the triple dresser, 2 night stands, king headboard and dresser mirror in the trailer. The bedroom set cost $450 and it was $20 to rent the trailer.

The rest of this month we've been working on cleaning up the RV for sale. I worked on the inside and Mike worked on the outside. Mike bought some Poli Glow that he applied to the outside of the RV. First he washed the RV and then he applied the Poli Prep Cleaner and then finished with the Poli Glow. It really made the fiberglass shine.

No comments: