Saturday, March 16, 2013

Trip to Orlando for Sarah & Mike's Wedding

Today was my niece's wedding in Orlando. Since we weren't going to be back home until this evening, we took Tinker with us. We packed up his bowls, food, water and a couple of toys for today's trip.

We left the house this morning about 11:00 and decided to stop at McDonald's here in Sebastian for an early lunch before getting on I-95. After a quick lunch we were driving north on I-95 when we realized we had forgotten to bring Tinker's leash! We knew there was a Petco just off of Exit 176 at West Melbourne, so we stopped there and I went into Petco while Mike & Tinker stayed in the car.

Then it was back on to I-95 north to Exit 205 and then west on SR-528 (a toll road) to Universal Blvd in Orlando and then to Lakehurst Drive. We arrived at the wedding site about 1:15 - at trip of 98 miles. We left Tinker in the car with the A/C running while we were at the wedding.

We met my brother and family there and visited until it was time for the wedding to begin at 2:00. Sarah & Mike were having their wedding ceremony outside and the weather today was perfect for it.

From Sarah & Mike's Wedding

My brother Cyril gave away the bride and he looked terrrific
in his tuxedo (the first time he's worn one).

From Sarah & Mike's Wedding

The reception was held inside and Mike and Sarah had their first dance as husband and wife - what a great looking couple!

From Sarah & Mike's Wedding

We left the reception about 4:00 and then drove down to my brother's house in Kissimmee for a visit before heading back to Sebastian.

We stopped at the Publix in Sebastian and I bought some chicken tenders to have for dinner when we got home. We got home about 8:00 tonight. I don't know if it was because we were so hungry or what, but those chicken tenders tasted really good tonight!

No comments: