Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween

On the 14th I attended the genealogical society's monthly meeting and the topic was finding historical newspapers online. I always learn something at these meetings and I got some pointers on locating historical newspapers for my research. Mary and Carol both had things to do right after the meeting was over and couldn't go out to lunch. So I went to Applebee's for lunch and had their Classic Combo - a half a turkey sandwich on a ciabatta bun and broccoli cheddar soup. After lunch I went to Sam's Club to shop and stopped at Publix for some groceries before going home.

Mike bought some mold and mildew cleaner at Home Depot last week and he is getting ready to clean the exterior of the house in preparation for painting it. We've been waiting for cooler weather before we start our painting.

We had 25 Trick or Treaters tonight for Halloween which is about the same number we had last year. It got off to a late start and for a while we didn't think we were going to have any. We had all ages of Trick or Treaters and our last group were 6 teenagers who even put on a little song and dance show for us - which Mike and I totally enjoyed!

No comments: