Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sue's new Smartphone

Today is our last day here at Ft. Lewis and we're trying to finish up some things.

When we were in Canada on our way back south, we were having trouble using our cell phones. When Mike was talking with a Verizon tech, he told Mike that he needed to take his cell phone in to a Verizon corporate store and have the software updated.

This morning we drove into Lakewood to a Verizon store and had his phone's software updated. Mike's also had problems with the battery in his cell phone running down a lot quicker than my phone. We were told it was probably because the phone's firmware hadn't been updated and the phone kept trying to connect.

While we were there we updated to a Verizon MiFi broadband aircard that is 4G where the one we have is 3G. It works out that with rebates and discounts, the new aircard will cost us $20.

Then we were told we could $100 off on a Smartphone and we started looking at them. Long story short, I am now a proud owner of a Motorola DROID Bionic Phone. Of course, we also had to purchase a car charger and a cover for it.

Mike really likes the Droid commercials and picked out the Motorola phone. He doesn't want a smartphone for himself - says it's too complicated for him. But I'm sure he'll be playing around with this one. Mike is usually the cell phone person in our household - I do the computers so it will be fun using the Bionic phone.

From Ft. Lewis RV Park

We didn't get back to the RV until almost 2:00. After a quick lunch, I went down to the laundry here to wash a few loads before we leave.

I took my laptop to the laundry and I used the campground's wi-fi while I was waiting on the laundry. I worked on getting our blog and web albums update.

Mike got our new Verizon MiFi working and played around with my new phone while I was doing laundry.

I haven't had much time to get acquainted with my phone yet, but I did get my contacts downloaded and few things set-up.

I am REALLY happy to say that our blog is caught up and so are our photo albums. I've had a problem with our 2011 Travel Map showing the last few places we've stayed and I hope to get it fixed shortly

No comments: