Thursday, May 6, 2010

Silver Springs to Tallahassee

We got up at 6 a.m. this morning and after our morning coffee and breakfast began breaking camp. We hitched up the car at our campsite and headed over to the dump station to empty our tanks. It was 9 a.m. when we left Silver River State Park and headed west to I-75.
We stopped for lunch at the rest area on I-10 just west of the junction of I-10 and I-75. We stopped for gas ($2.899 gal) at a Chevron station south of Lee, FL before continuing west on I-10 to Tallahassee.

We arrived at Tallahassee RV Park a little after 2 p.m. The campground is just a 1/2 mile south of I-10 on US-90. We drove 183 miles today.

We are in site #38 with full hookups (50 amp). Their normal daily rate is $40, but with our Good Sam discount it's $36 a day. We'll only be staying here for 2 nights.

From Tallahassee

Mike's brother, Chris and his wife Carole, drove here from their home in Texas and are staying at the Residence Inn in Tallahassee. We met Chris & Carole at their hotel and walked across the parking lot to the Outback Steakhouse next to the Residence Inn for dinner.

From Tallahassee

No comments: