Thursday, September 18, 2008

Last day of Gypsy Gathering

Since we're not going to any of the 9 a.m. seminars – we slept in this morning until 8:00 - nice!

We both went to Nick Russell's "The Frugal Rver" at 10:30 - 12 - another seminar of his that we had attended at Life on Wheels Conferences. Nick is always informative & an enjoyable speaker.


From Gypsy Journal Gathering


Then back to the RV for lunch break & quality time with Tinker.

After lunch Mike decided he & Tinker needed to take a nap, so I went to Cheryl Green's "Digital Scrap Booking Made Easy" seminar from 1:30 - 3. She is a Creative Memories agent & it's a very impressive program & concept. I was curious to learn about Creative Memories since I had won a door prize from Cheryl. I really liked what you can do with the software - I'm keeping it in mind for the future. Remember, I’ve a blog & web albums to put together.

Mike joined me for the 3:30 - 5 seminar for "Google Earth" by Jim & Chris Guld. We were both familiar with Google Earth & had downloaded it a long time ago, but only used it occasionally.

I had used Google Earth when we were planning to catch the subway into Boston for some sightseeing. I checked our route from Hanscom Famcamp to the parking garage for the subway station & was able to see what the route looked like at street level. After today's class I'll be using Google Earth more - it just hasn't always been my first choice when I wanted to check out something on our route.

Then back to the RV for dinner & some more time with Tinker.

This is the final night for the Gypsy Gathering & we had door prizes at 7 p.m. Nick & Terry had planned the door prize giveaway really well. All the tickets that won on Monday were held out of the Tuesday drawing. Then tonight the rest of the tickets that hadn't been drawn on Monday & Tuesday were drawn for the door prizes. Then all of the tickets were put back in for the remaining door prizes & the grand prizes.

We won again at tonight's door prize drawing. We won a year's subscription to the Gypsy Journal - we already subscribe so we get a year's extension. So between the Creative Memories album & materials we won Monday & tonight’s prize, we did pretty well in the prize department.

No comments: