Monday, June 9, 2008

Ellsworth, ME

We drove into Ellsworth this morning to make some cell phone calls, do some errands and find someplace to have our HP laptop worked on. Our HP has started to shut down after being on for only a short time. Fortunately our old Dell laptop is working and we can wifi with it.

We stopped in at the Ellsworth Public Library to use their wifi and our HP laptop is now shutting down almost as soon as I turn it on. I asked one of the ladies at the library who worked on their computers and she gave me his name and phone number. I called him and got his voice mail and left a message. He called me back in a few minutes and I explained my problem to him. He said he was working out of town and gave me the name of a computer repair service in Ellsworth to take the laptop to.

The computer repair shop, Computers Plus, was only a few blocks away from the library. On the way there we saw the Ellsworth City Hall - a unique large brick building.

From Maine

We took the laptop to Computers Plus and explained the problem to them and left it there for them to work on. There is a coffee shop, Maine Grind, across the street from Computers Plus that has wifi and we went over there to have coffee and finish our internet browsing.

Afterwords we drove over to the LL Bean Outlet store where we bought a pair of LL Bean Rubber Moc boots for each of us and a small backpack for me.

Before heading back to the campground, we had lunch at Wendy's, stopped at Shaw's grocery and bought a few items and then filled the gas tank on the Vue at the Exxon station in Ellsworth ($4.099 gal)

No comments: